The prestige rating represents how well-regarded the party is, either as an ally or enemy. If the party thwarts several criminal plots but anger Risuri politicians in the process, the syndicate might view them as a significant threat (Prestige 3), even though they’re pariahs with the RHC (Prestige 0). Higher prestige ratings make it easier to call in favors with allied groups, or get the attention of neutral parties. Prestige with Risur affects requisitioning items from the RHC.
Prestige ratings can be characterized as follows.
Prestige 0: Viewed with disdain, as buffoons or pariahs. The group will not take the party seriously, which could potentially be useful when tricking enemies.
Prestige 1: The party is relatively unknown to the group.
Prestige 2: The party has done a few noteworthy things, but most in the group don’t know them or assume they won’t do anything else interesting.
Prestige 3: The party has distinguished itself, and most members of the group know about their actions and talents.
Prestige 4: The group pays close attention to the party, either viewing them as a powerful ally or a dangerous enemy.
Prestige 5: The party is one of the top priorities of the group. A lot of resources are devoted to either helping them out or taking them down.
Prestige 6: The party has the ear of the leader of the group (or actually is in charge), or they’re viewed as the face of the enemy
The following summarizes the party’s current Prestige with each group, and the cause of each change in Prestige…
- Flint: 2
- +1 Prestige for helping Nevard Sechim, arresting Macbannin and averting a catastrophe at Cauldron Hill.
- Risur: 5
- +1 for Sora’s status as a war hero.
- +1 for solving the Nilasa Hume murder and uncovering Macbannin’s role in it, and a deeper conspiracy.
- +1 for catching Sijhen, averting an extraplanar catastrophe, and exposing Margaret Saxby as an Obscurati conspirator.
- +1 for witnessing the Obscurati meeting in Vendricce and acquiring the wayfarer’s lantern.
- The Family: 2
- +1 for disrupting their wand smuggling plot.
- The Unseen Court: 5
- +1 from having Asaad, a Vekeshi Mystic, in the party.
- +2 for mysterious reasons, possibly relating to Tyler Starke’s attempts to have Rock Rackus assassinated, and the B-Team’s involvement in and disruption of that plot.
- +1 for rescuing the eladrin maiden Isobel from slavery and possibly other reasons.
- Obscurati: ?